Homemakers is more appropriate also because it captures what we actually do. Make food, make beds, make rules for kids, make up
( Nah! not for me though), make life easier for stressed husbands, etc etc. But the Homemaker in me feels like breaking a thing or two when I hear the following repeatedly ( My warning- never say this to a homemaker- she doesn't deserve it):
- You didnt do this yet? What were you doing the whole day?
- How do you pass your time all day? Boring nahi hota?
- Us serial main kya ho raha hai aajkal? You must be watching afternoon reruns right?
- You know we dont have time for all this. We go to office na!
- You are so lucky you are at home
- When will you resume work? Or you wanna stay like this forever?
- Your kids must be so dependent on you. Kids who go to day cares learn to be more social
- You know I can never think of staying at home and not working
- What? You don't work? Whyyyyy?